- MAJECA Meeting with Visiting Japanese Members of Parliament on 3 September 2014
- INTRADE Malaysia 2014 from 20 to 22 October 2014 at Menara MATRADE, Kuala Lumpur
- 37th Annual General Meeting of MAJECA on 6 May 2014
- Courtesy Call on Tan Sri Azman Hashim, President of MAJECA by Mr Kenji Ohta, new General Manager of Mitsubishi Corporation, Kuala Lumpur Branch and Chief Executive of Mitsubishi Corporation, Malaysia on 9 May 2014
- Luncheon with H.E. Dr. Makio Miyagawa, Ambassador of Japan to Malaysia on 26 May 2014
- 23 October 2012: 38th ASEAN-Japan Business Meeting in Kuala Lumpur
- 10 October 2012: Conference on Look East Policy – A New Dimension & MAJECA-JAMECA 31st Joint Conference
- 9 April 2012: Second Roundtable Discussion on Look-East Policy (LEP) – 30th Anniversary
- 20 March 2012: Meeting of the Malaysia-Japan Committee for the 30thAnniversary of Look East Policy at the Embassy of Japan
- 7 March 2012: Visit of High-level Delegation from Keidanren
- 8 February 2012: First Roundtable Discussion on Look-East Policy (LEP)
- 21-22 November 2011: 30th JAMECA-MAJECA Joint Conference in Tokyo, Japan/Malaysia Seminar in Tokyo, Japan/Visit to Yokohama City
- 3-4 November 2011: 37th AJBM Conference in Yangon, Myanmar
- 29 September 2011: The Second Asian Business Summit in Tokyo, Japan, hosted by Keidanren
- 12 September 2011: Luncheon Talk by H.E. Ambassador of Japan to Malaysia on “Japan: Post-Tsunami”
1.0 The 43rd ASEAN-Japan Business Meeting (AJBM) was held on 22nd to 24th November 2017 at the Anantara Siam Bangkok Hotel, Bangkok, Thailand. The theme for this meeting was “Deepening ASEAN-Japan Economic Partnership Through Promotion of Tourism and Related Industries”.
AJBM Malaysia was represented by YBhg Dato’ Che Mohd Annuar Che Mohd Senawi, Executive Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Idaman Unggul Berhad and EXCO Member and Treasurer MAJECA. YBhg Dato’ moderated Plenary Session 2: Healthcare and Other Potential Opportunities of Tourism Strategy as well as Roundtable 2: Tourism + MICE + Other Industries and Rapporteur for the Wrap Up and Summary Session.
The other Panelist from Malaysia was Ms Premala Danapakiam, Senior Manager – Business Events of Malaysia Convention & Exhibition Bureau (MYCEB) at the Roundtable 2: Tourism + MICE + Other Industries.
(Seated, 2nd from right) Dato’ Che Mohd Annuar Che Mohd Senawi , Executive Chairman
and Chief Executive Officer, Idaman Unggul Berhad and EXCO Member MAJECA
at the Pre-Meeting for Session Chairs & Panelists
2.0 AJBM Thai hosted a Welcome Dinner on 22nd November 2017 to welcome all the Speakers, Panelists and participants to the meeting. Chairman of the 43rd AJBM, Dr. Thanong Bidaya delivered the Welcome Remarks at the dinner.
3.0 Dr. Thanong Bidaya, Chairman of the 43rd AJBM delivered the Opening Remarks and Message from Dr. Somkid Jatusripitak, Deputy Prime Minister Thailand at the Opening Ceremony of the 43rd ASEAN-Japan Business Meeting (AJBM) on 23rd November 2017.
4.0 Dr. Yoshimitsu Kobayashi, Chairman of Keizai Doyukai delivered the Welcome Remarks at the Opening Ceremony.
5.0 Special Remarks by Mr. Shinya Katanozaka, Co-Chairman of the 43rd AJBM.
6.0 Speakers, Panelists and participants at the 43rd AJBM meeting.
Participants at the meeting
7.0 H.E. Ms Kobkarn Wattanavrangkul, Minister of Tourism and Sports delivered the Keynote Speech at the Plenary Session 1 on “Tourism as a Driver of Service Industry Promotion”.
8.0 Panelists for “Plenary Session 1: Tourism as a Driver of Service Industry Promotion” were from the following countries:-
Panelist 1 from Cambodia: Mr Ho Vandy, General Secretary of Cambodia National Tourism Alliance (CNTA) and Advisor to Cambodia Chamber of Commerce (CC)
Panelist 2 from Indonesia: Mr Iman H. Kusumo, CEO, P.T. Pangestu Buwana
Panelist 3 from Thailand: Dr Yuthasak Supasorn, Governor of Tourism Authority of Thailand
Panelist 4 from Philippines: Associate Prof. Dr. Ramon A. Amampay, University of The Philippines,
Asian Institute of Tourism
Mr Shinya Katanozaka, 43rd AJBM Co-Chairman moderated the Plenary Session 1.
9.0 Panelists for “Plenary Session 2: Healthcare and Other Potential Opportunities of Tourism + Strategy” were:-
Panelist 1: Tourism + Healthcare from Singapore
Mr Royston Lek, Managing Director, Fullerton Health, Regional Healthcare Management
Panellist 2: Tourism + Healthcare from Thailand
Dr. Som-Arch Wongkhomthong, M.D., CEO Group 4, Bangkok Dusit Medical Services, PLC
Panelist 3: Tourism + Food & Cuisine from Japan
Mr Akihiko Sugawara, President, Kesennuma Chamber of Commerce and
Industry/President, Otokoyama Honten, Co., Ltd.
Panelist 4: Tourism + Local Industry from Japan
Mr Kenzo Nitta, General Manager, Sales Department, NOUSAKU Corporation
(Tourism + Food & Cuisine)
Dato’ Che Mohd Anuar Che Mohd Senawi, Executive Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Idaman Unggul Berhad moderated the Plenary Session 2.
10.0 3 Roundtables were concurrently held:
10.1 Roundtable 1: Tourism + Healthcare Services
Panelist 1: Indonesia – Mr Irwan Sumarlin, Director, PT Sinar Mega Sakti Ltd
Panelist 2: Thailand – Dr. Wilairat Chaivipas, Senior World Business Intelligence Specialist: World
Business Group, Kasikorn Bank
Panelist 3: Thailand – Prof. Sinn Anuras, M.D., Advisor to The Private Hospital Associate Thailand
Mr Keiichiro Nishi, Managing Director, GLOBIS CORPORATION moderated this Roundtable 1 session.
10.2 Roundtable 2: Tourism + MICE + Other Industries
Panelist 1: MICE from Brunei – Mr Shazali Sulaiman, Partner, KPMG The Brunei Darussalamand
Chairman, International Chamber of Commerce and Industry
Panelist 2: MICE from Malaysia – Ms Premala Danapakiam, Senior Manager – Business Events of
Malaysia Convention & Exhibition Bureau (MYCEB)
Panelist 3: MICE from Thailand – Ms Nichapa Yoswee, Senior Vice President – Business of Thailand
Convention and Exhibition Bureau (TCEB)
Panelist 4: Local Food and Products from Japan-Mr Ryoichi Fujisaki, Vice President, Tourism
Development Marketing & Sales Planning, ANA Sales
Dato Che Mohd Anuar Che Mohd Senawi, Executive Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Idaman Unggul Berhad moderated this Roundtable 2 session.
10.3 Roundtable 3:Issues, Challenges and Opportunities for Tourism Industry
Panelist 1: Human Resource from Philippines
– Associate Prof. Dr. Ramon A. Alampay, University of the Philippines, Asian Institute of
Panelist 2: Cross Sectoral Collaboration and Human Resources from Japan
– Mr Akihiro Sugawara, President, Kesennuma Chamber of Commerce and Industry &
President, Otokoyama Honten, Co., Ltd.
Panelist 3: Digitalization and Technology from Japan
– Mr Yoshikazu Tanaka, Founder, Chairman and CEO, Gree, Inc.
Panelist 4: Microfinance from Myanmar
– Mr Htay Aung, Former Minister of Hotel and Tourism
Attorney Carrie Bee C. Hao (PHILJEC) from Philippines moderated the Roundtable 3 session.
11.0 At the Wrap Up and Summary sessions, Moderators presented reports from the Breakout Sessions:-
Rapporteur 1: Tourism + Healthcare – Mr Keiichiro Nishi (Japan), Managing Director, GLOBIS
Rapporteur 2: Tourism + MICE, Other Industries – Dato’ Che Mohd Annuar Che Mohd Senawi
(Malaysia), Executive Chairman and Chief Executive
Officer, Idaman Unggul Berhad
Rapporteur 3: Challenges and Opportunities – Attorney Carrie Bee C. Hao (Phillippines)
Mr Keiichiro Hashimoto (Japan), Executive Vice Chairman and COO, SHIOYATOCHI CO., Ltd moderated at this session.
12.0 Dr. Thanong Bidaya, 43rd AJBM Chairman and Mr Shinya Katanozaka, 43rd Co-Chairman delivered the Closing Remarks at the Closing Ceremony.
13.0 The Thai AJBM National (Committee) hosted the Closing Dinner on the Wonderful Pearl Cruise.
Participants at the dinner cruise
14.0 A JETRO International Symposium on Service Industry was held on 24th November 2017. AJBM participants were invited to attend.
15.0 The AJBM Thai Committee organised site visitations to:-
- – Bangkok Hospital (Bangkok Dusit Medical Services PLC)
– Let Relax Onsen and Spa
– Subway Station (Sanam Chai Station and Isaraphap Station)
16.0 The next 44th ASEAN-Japan Business Meeting (AJBM) will be held in Indonesia.