36th JAMECA-MAJECA Joint Conference on 6 November 2018 in Tokyo, Japan
JAMECA hosted the 36th JAMECA-MAJECA Joint Conference on 6 November 2018 at the Tokyo Prince Hotel, Japan. JETRO was a co-organiser of this event.
Video Courtesy from Berita RTM Facebook
There were approximately 600 participants, with 82 Malaysian participants. The Guest-of-Honour was YAB Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad, Prime Minister of Malaysia. The Malaysian Prime Minister was accompanied by Malaysian Ambassador to Japan, H.E. Datuk Ahmad Izlan Idris, YB Dato’ Seri Mohamed Azmin bin Ali, Minister of Economic Affairs, YB Dato’ Saifuddin bin Abdullah, Minister of Foreign Affairs and YB Ignatius Darell Leiking, Minister of International Trade & Industry.
“JAMECA and MAJECA – Moving towards a Renewed Japan-Malaysia Collaboration for the Digital Economy”
|Time & Date:||
13:00-17:15, Tuesday, 6 November, 2018
Ho-o-no Ma, Tokyo Prince Hotel (3-3-1 Shiba-koen, Minato-ku Tokyo)
· Japan-Malaysia Economic Association (JAMECA),
· Malaysia- Japan Economic Association (MAJECA),
· Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO)
· Japan Chamber of Commerce and Industry (JCCI),
· Tokyo Chamber of Commerce and Industry (TCCI),
· ASEAN-JAPAN Centre
Japanese-English Simultaneous Interpretation
· Mr Mikio Sasaki, President of JAMECA
· Tan Sri Azman Hashim, President of MAJECA
|13:10-14:35||Plenary Session 1
Japan-Malaysia Collaboration towards Building a Strong Digital Innovation Ecosystem
“Landscape of the Digital Economy in Malaysia” by
Datuk Yasmin Mahmood, CEO, Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC)
Moderator: Dr. Yuri Sato, Executive Vice Director, Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO)
· Datuk Yasmin Mahmood, CEO, Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC)
· Mr. Chong Kai Wooi, Managing Director, NEC Corporation of Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
· Mr. Shohei Maekawa, Global Platform Development Division, Leave a Nest Co., Ltd.
· Mr. Shozo Yamaguchi, CEO, UNLOCK DESIGN
A closed-door private meeting was held upon the arrival of YAB Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad at 14:50.
Address by Mr Hiroyuki Ishige, Chairman and CEO, Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO).
Address by Dr Toshiko Abe, State Minister for Foreign Affairs, Japan
Tan Sri Azman Hashim introducing the Keynote Speaker, YAB Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad.
Current situation of Malaysia and expected investment from Japan by YAB Tun Dr Mahathir bin Mohamad, Prime Minister of Malaysia
Q & A Session with the Malaysian Prime Minister
Group photo with the Prime Minister
L to R: Datuk Seri Mohamed Iqbal, Tan Sri Azman Hashim, Mr Mikio Sasaki, YAB Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad, Dr Toshiko Abe, Mr Hiroyuki Ishige, Mr Kazuo Ohmori and Dr Yuri Sato
Front row L to R: Datuk Seri Mohamed Iqbal, Tan Sri Azman Hashim, Mr Mikio Sasaki, YAB Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad, Dr Toshiko Abe, Mr Hiroyuki Ishige, Mr Kazuo Ohmori and Dr Yuri Sato.
Back row L to R: Datuk Jason Tai, Mr Yeonhang Chuah, Dato’ Yeoh Sock Kian, Tan Sri Rastam Mohd Isa, Dato’ Seri Ibrahim Haji Ahmad, Tan Sri Dr Michael Yeoh, Dato’ Md Taib Abdul Hamid.
Plenary Session 2
Japan-Malaysia Collaboration in Transforming Industries with Future Technologies for New Malaysia
Contribution and Expectation of Japanese companies in Malaysia toward Industrial Development by Mr. Masakuni Nakayama, Chairman of Trade and Investment Committee, The Japanese Chamber of Trade & Industry, Malaysia (JACTIM)
Fundamental manufacturing innovations toward Industry 4.0 by
Mr. Naoto Aiba, Manager, Global Promotion Department,
Manufacturing Training Institute, Innovation Promotion Sector, Panasonic Corporation
“Embracing 4th Industrial Revolution Through Partnership”
Datuk Yusoff Sulaiman, President & CEO, Malaysian Industry-Government Group for High Technology (MIGHT)
Declaration & Signing of Joint Statement by the President of JAMECA and the President of MAJECA
Closing remarks by Mr Kazuo Ohmori, Vice-President of the Japan-Malaysia Economic Association (JAMECA)
Tan Sri Azman Hashim presented autographed copies of YAB Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad’s book entitled “Doctor in the House” to Mr Mikio Sasaki and Mr Kazuo Ohmori.
The event closed with dinner hosted by JAMECA.
The 37th MAJECA-JAMECA Joint Conference will be hosted by MAJECA in Kuala Lumpur in 2019.
44th ASEAN Japan Business Meeting (AJBM) in Bali, Indonesia on 25 October 2018
The 44th ASEAN Japan Business Meeting (AJBM) was successfully held at the Hilton Bali Resort, Nusa Dua Bali, Indonesia on 25 October 2018. The theme of the conference was “Connectivity and Digital Economy to spur growth in Asean region and Japan”. The Japanese side was led by Mr Shinya Katanozaka, Co-Chairman of the 44th AJBM, concurrently CEO of All Nippon Airways Ltd. The Chairman and Co-Chairman of the 44th AJBM was Mr Kusumo Martorejo.
• The Vice Governor of Bali, Dr Ir. Tjok Oka Artha Ardhana Sukawati, MSi presided and gave a speech at the Opening Ceremony.
• Speeches from the following dignitaries were read and noted at the Opening Ceremony.
-H.E. Dr Rachmat Gobel, Indonesia Presidents’ Special Envoy to Japan and a former trade Minister which was read by Mr Kusomo Martorejo.
– Message from H.E. Mr Shinzo Abe, Prime Minister of Japan which was ready by H.E. Kazuo Sunaga, Japan Ambassador to Indonesia.
• 44th AJBM Chairman, Mr Kusomo Martorejo gave his welcome and introductory remarks while Co-Chairman, Mr Shinya Katanozaka gave special remarks during the Opening Ceremony.
Plenary 1 – Connectivity
• Tan Sri Michael Yeoh (Malaysia) moderated this session.
• Prof Dr Rokhmin Dahuri, Government Advisor on Maritime Affairs to Government (Indonesia) gave a keynote speech on “Strengthening Connectivity and IR4.0 based economy to spur an inclusive and sustainable economic growth in Asean region and Japan for a better world”.
• Panelists at Plenary 1 included:-
– Mr Shazali Sulaiman, KMPG (Connectivity)
– Mr Thomas Tan – Astra Infra (Infrastructure)
– Mr Hideo Oshima – Nippon Signal, Japan (Integrated Transportation)
– Mr Supong Chayutsahakij – Bangkok Expressway & Metro Public Co. Ltd (Urban Transportation)
Plenary 2 – Investment & Trade Opportunities Showcase
•Mr Arie W. Irawan (Indonesia) chaired the session. There were 2 showcases:-
-Renewable Energy by Mr Maeda Kazuyuki of Prospec Energy Holding (Japan)
– PT Louise & Chelsea (Indonesia) by Ms Trisya Suherman
Plenary 3 – Digital Economy
• Plenary 3 was moderated by Mr Naoki Mashita, President & CEO, V-CUBE (Japan).
• A keynote speech was delivered by H.E. Ir Gusti Putu Suryawirawan, Special Staff to Minister of Industry for Investment & Inter Institutional Relations.
• Panelists included:-
– Mr Tetsuto Akagi – NEC Corp, Japan
– Mr Hee Wee Chong, Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC), Malaysia
– Mr Mamerto E. Tangonan, Chemonics International, Philippines
– Mr Thomas Pokorny, PiPay, Cambodia
Plenary 4 – ASEAN-Japan Partnership Contributing to Making Blueprint a Reality
• Plenary 4 was moderated by Mr Keiichiro Hashimoto of Shioya Tochi (Japan).
• Panelists included:-
– Mr Kazunari Kibe, Maeda Corporation (Japan)
– Mr Supong Chayutsahakij, Bangkok Expressway & Metro Public Company Limited (Thailand)
– Ms Hanim Hamzah, ZICO Law Network, ASEAN
• The 44th AJBM ended successfully with closing remarks given by Chairman and Co-chairman, Mr Kusumo Martorejo and Co-chairman, Mr Sinya Katanozaka.
• Mr Keizuke Yokoo of Keizai Doyukai, Japan announced that the 45th AJBM will be held in 2019 in Japan.
- 34th JAMECA-MAJECA Joint Conference at New Otani Hotel, Tokyo, Japan on 1st June 2016
- 39th Annual General Meeting (AGM) of MAJECA on 9 May 2016
- Courtesy Call on Tan Sri Azman Hashim, President of MAJECA by H.E. Dr. Makio Miyagawa, Ambassador of Japan to Malaysia on 6 May 2016
- Japan-Malaysia Invest Symposium on 15 March 2016 at Mandarin Oriental Hotel, Kuala Lumpur
- Malaysia-Japan Economic Forum on 4 February 2016 at Mandarin Oriental Hotel, Kuala Lumpur
- Visit of Mr Akira Kajita, Managing Director, JETRO and Team to MAJECA Secretariat on 18 February 2016
- Report of the 41st ASEAN-Japan Business Meeting (AJBM) in Singapore on 12 October 2015
- 6th ASIAN BUSINESS SUMMIT ON 12th AND 13th JULY 2015 IN TOKYO, JAPAN – Malaysia’s “Look East Policy” Gets Asian Recognition
- 38th Annual General Meeting (AGM) of MAJECA on 27 May 2015
- 33rd MAJECA-JAMECA Joint Conference on 13 November 2014 at Hilton Hotel, Kuching, Sarawak
- MAJECA Meeting with Visiting Japanese Members of Parliament on 3 September 2014
- INTRADE Malaysia 2014 from 20 to 22 October 2014 at Menara MATRADE, Kuala Lumpur
- 37th Annual General Meeting of MAJECA on 6 May 2014
- Courtesy Call on Tan Sri Azman Hashim, President of MAJECA by Mr Kenji Ohta, new General Manager of Mitsubishi Corporation, Kuala Lumpur Branch and Chief Executive of Mitsubishi Corporation, Malaysia on 9 May 2014
- Luncheon with H.E. Dr. Makio Miyagawa, Ambassador of Japan to Malaysia on 26 May 2014