44th ASEAN Japan Business Meeting (AJBM) in Bali, Indonesia on 25 October 2018
The 44th ASEAN Japan Business Meeting (AJBM) was successfully held at the Hilton Bali Resort, Nusa Dua Bali, Indonesia on 25 October 2018. The theme of the conference was “Connectivity and Digital Economy to spur growth in Asean region and Japan”. The Japanese side was led by Mr Shinya Katanozaka, Co-Chairman of the 44th AJBM, concurrently CEO of All Nippon Airways Ltd. The Chairman and Co-Chairman of the 44th AJBM was Mr Kusumo Martorejo.
• The Vice Governor of Bali, Dr Ir. Tjok Oka Artha Ardhana Sukawati, MSi presided and gave a speech at the Opening Ceremony.
• Speeches from the following dignitaries were read and noted at the Opening Ceremony.
-H.E. Dr Rachmat Gobel, Indonesia Presidents’ Special Envoy to Japan and a former trade Minister which was read by Mr Kusomo Martorejo.
– Message from H.E. Mr Shinzo Abe, Prime Minister of Japan which was ready by H.E. Kazuo Sunaga, Japan Ambassador to Indonesia.
• 44th AJBM Chairman, Mr Kusomo Martorejo gave his welcome and introductory remarks while Co-Chairman, Mr Shinya Katanozaka gave special remarks during the Opening Ceremony.
Plenary 1 – Connectivity
• Tan Sri Michael Yeoh (Malaysia) moderated this session.
• Prof Dr Rokhmin Dahuri, Government Advisor on Maritime Affairs to Government (Indonesia) gave a keynote speech on “Strengthening Connectivity and IR4.0 based economy to spur an inclusive and sustainable economic growth in Asean region and Japan for a better world”.
• Panelists at Plenary 1 included:-
– Mr Shazali Sulaiman, KMPG (Connectivity)
– Mr Thomas Tan – Astra Infra (Infrastructure)
– Mr Hideo Oshima – Nippon Signal, Japan (Integrated Transportation)
– Mr Supong Chayutsahakij – Bangkok Expressway & Metro Public Co. Ltd (Urban Transportation)
Plenary 2 – Investment & Trade Opportunities Showcase
•Mr Arie W. Irawan (Indonesia) chaired the session. There were 2 showcases:-
-Renewable Energy by Mr Maeda Kazuyuki of Prospec Energy Holding (Japan)
– PT Louise & Chelsea (Indonesia) by Ms Trisya Suherman
Plenary 3 – Digital Economy
• Plenary 3 was moderated by Mr Naoki Mashita, President & CEO, V-CUBE (Japan).
• A keynote speech was delivered by H.E. Ir Gusti Putu Suryawirawan, Special Staff to Minister of Industry for Investment & Inter Institutional Relations.
• Panelists included:-
– Mr Tetsuto Akagi – NEC Corp, Japan
– Mr Hee Wee Chong, Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC), Malaysia
– Mr Mamerto E. Tangonan, Chemonics International, Philippines
– Mr Thomas Pokorny, PiPay, Cambodia
Plenary 4 – ASEAN-Japan Partnership Contributing to Making Blueprint a Reality
• Plenary 4 was moderated by Mr Keiichiro Hashimoto of Shioya Tochi (Japan).
• Panelists included:-
– Mr Kazunari Kibe, Maeda Corporation (Japan)
– Mr Supong Chayutsahakij, Bangkok Expressway & Metro Public Company Limited (Thailand)
– Ms Hanim Hamzah, ZICO Law Network, ASEAN
• The 44th AJBM ended successfully with closing remarks given by Chairman and Co-chairman, Mr Kusumo Martorejo and Co-chairman, Mr Sinya Katanozaka.
• Mr Keizuke Yokoo of Keizai Doyukai, Japan announced that the 45th AJBM will be held in 2019 in Japan.