MAJECA hosted the 29th Joint Conference at the Prince Hotel & Resorts in Kuala Lumpur.
The focus of the Joint Conference was on Malaysia’s Economic Transformation Programme and the business opportunities arising therefrom. YB Dato’ Sri Mustapa Mohamed, MITI Minister officiated at the 29th Joint Conference, delivering the Keynote Address on “New Economic Model: Its Implementation & Opportunities for Investments” followed by a dialogue session with participants.
There were 66 Japanese participants, led by JAMECA President, Mr Mikio Sasaki, and approximately 50 Malaysian participants.
The Chief Executive Officer of PEMANDU, YB Senator Dato’ Seri Idris Jala and his team from the various National Key Economic Areas (NKEA) made presentations of selected sectors that interested the Japanese, i.e.:
- Business Services
- Communications Content & Infrastructure
- Oil, Gas and Energy
- Electronics & Electrical
YBhg Tan Sri Datuk Dr Ahmad Tajuddin Ali, Chairman of Energy Commission of Malaysia presented on “Outlook for Malaysia’s Power Sector”.
Speakers from Japan made presentations on the following topics:
- Overview of Nuclear Energy & Japanese Technology by Hitachi, Ltd
- Overview of Smart Grid Energy & Renewable Energy by Toshiba Corporation
- Future Opportunity of Electrical & Electronics Industry in Malaysia by Sony EMCS Malaysia
- Financial Service in Malaysia by Mizuho Corporate Bank Ltd
- Tourism between Japan and Malaysia by Japan Airlines