KANKEIREN officials from the International Affairs Dept. visited MAJECA on 20 September 2019. They were Mr Toru Nagatsu, General Manager and Mr Yasumasa Nakanishi, Senior Officer, Asia Business Creation Platform Office.
Their visit to Malaysia was to meet with economic organisations to inform and promote KANKEIREN’s new platform, i.e. Asia Business Creation Platform (ABC Platform).
This platform enables KANKEIREN to work together with economic organisations in Asian countries and Kansai region to provide opportunities for business creation.
The Asian member organisations are currently the following:-
• Indonesia – Indonesian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
• Malaysia – National Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Malaysia (NCCIM)
• Myanmar – The Republic of the Union of Myanmar Federation of Chambers of Commerce & Industry
• Philippine – Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry
• Singapore – Singapore Manufacturing Federation
• Thailand – The Federation of Thai Industries
• Vietnam – Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry
• Japan – Kansai Economic Federation (KANKEIREN)
ABC Platform country leaders will gather once a year to determine action plans, sharing of achievement and challenges.
5 working groups have been created , each with a Japanese organisation as Project Manager. These include:-
• HR Development/Utiilization – Ehle Institute
• Medical / Nursing Care – SOMPO Holdings
• SME – Resona Bank
• Agriculture – Kubota
• Tourism – Japan Association of Travel Agents (JATA)
NCCIM has proposed to ABC Platform to organise a seminar in Kansai region to promote the Concept of Halal to Japanese SME enterprises involved in the Food & Food processing sector. This is planned for October 2019.