On 30 November to 2 December 2021, MATRADE led a Virtual Export Acceleration (EAM) to Tokyo and Osaka in conjunction with World Expo 2025. MAJECA was invited to speak on the panel: Market & Knowledge sharing session on Day 1 titled “Business Opportunities between Malaysia – Japan: Leveraging on World Expo 2025”. Representing MAJECA was Ms Ng Su Fun, Executive Secretary and joining alongside her were Mr Niqman Rafaee Mohd Sahar, Director, MATRADE Japan and Ms Nagisa Matsuba, Investment Promotion & Overseas Business Partner, International Affairs Department, Osaka International Business Promotion Center (IBPC Osaka).
The pandemic has reshaped how local and international business communities do business around the world. Digital transformation and diversification of business models are now the main keys for business survival.
This event served as an early preparation for the Malaysian companies to gear up for the World Expo 2025 which will be held in Osaka. One of the major opportunities identified by MATRADE include the supply of building materials in relation to Japan’s aspiration to make its cities modern and smart. Additionally, MATRADE had noted growing interest for Muslim-friendly related sectors, Halal products and services, green technology, ICT, lifestyle and pharmaceuticals, amongst others, spurred on by the sustainable development goals which include inclusiveness and environmental agenda.
The summary of the Virtual Export Acceleration (EAM) Japan programme was as follows:
Day 1 (30 November):
- Opportunities @ World Expo 2025, Osaka
- Market & Knowledge Sharing Session – Business Opportunities between Malaysia & Japan: Leveraging on World Expo 2025
- Sharing Session by Malaysian Companies and Japanese Importers
Day 2 (1 December): Explore the Market – Welcome to Japan
- F&B, Halal & Lifestyle: Retail & Supermarket Virtual Tour
- Building Materials and Construction related including Lifestyle (Furniture, Fixtures and Fittings etc.) Virtual Site Visit @ Commercial / Hotel Projects
- Business Matching and Market Updates with Chambers / Business Federation Members
Day 3 (2 December): It’s Time for Business – Business Meeting Sessions
The sessions consisted of business pitching session by Malaysian companies to Japanese companies, participants and viewers (including Japanese Chamber members), and eBizMatch Online Business Meeting Session between Malaysian and Japanese companies.
Thhe market and knowledge sharing session titled “Business Opportunities between Malaysia-Japan: Leveraging on World Expo 2025”. The session featured the following speakers:
- Mr Niqman Rafaee Mohd Sahar, Director, MATRADE Japan
- Ms Nagisa Matsuba, Investment Promotion & Overseas Business Partner, International Affairs Department, Osaka International Business Promotion Center (IBPC Osaka)
- Ms Ng Su Fun, Executive Secretary, MAJECA
The following are some highlights on the first day of the Virtual EAM:
MAJECA records its appreciation to MATRADE for extending the invitation to speak at this Virtual Export Acceleration (EAM) Japan.